Date of Award
Education Specialist (EdS)
Gerhard C. Matzner
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of this field study is to gain experience and knowledge of the duties of a business administrator of a school district.
The specialist candidate will be working with the business administrator of Centralia High School during the second semester of the 1980-1981 school year. Centralia High School is a secondary school district with an enrollment of 1500. The person will aid the business administrator with the following duties:
- Working with the school budget
- Updating the inventory of property and equipment.
- Supervision of non-certified staff
- Scheduling of rental of school facilities and equipment
- Helping to plan summer maintenance program
- Review the Annual Departmental Report and its distribution to the staff
- Review transportation routes
- Prepare bids to be sent to vendors
- Study menus and the operation of the cafeteria
- Code bills and check for accuracy
METHOD TO BE UTILIZED
The specialist candidate will log his daily activities and do a weekly summary of information and knowledge acquired while working with the business administrator. It is the goal of the candidate to present detailed information concerning his experiences.
The duties and responsibilities of a school business administrator are among the most important functions of a school district. The success of his job will depend upon the cooperation of every certified and non-certifed staff member. The administrators tasks will continue to change as states and federal regulations are ever changing.
Murray, William A., "A Field Study Experience with a High School Business Administrator" (1981). Masters Theses. 2987.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.