Submission Guidelines for Masters Theses
Who Can Submit
Masters Theses only publishes materials about work conducted under the auspices of the Eastern Illinois University Graduate School. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps for Depositing Your Thesis
Graduation requires payment of a one-time $25 upload fee. This fee covers the cost of printing and binding one copy for the University Archives and for maintaining the website to order your personal copies, You can pay your upload fee here.
Sign in with your NetID
- Click on 'Submit Thesis' link in the left menu bar
- Sign in with your NetID and Password.
- Do not use your email
Before Uploading Your Thesis, Have the Following:
- Full text of your thesis in Word or PDF format
- Abstract (optional)
- Supplementary Files (images, sound, etc.) that are an integral part of the thesis, but not part of the full text
- Advisor's name
- Thesis committee member names
- Subject Category. You must choose at least one from the supplied list in the upload form. Contact email@example.com if you are not sure.
- Keywords. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure.
Submission Agreement for Master's Thesis
By uploading your thesis, you are affirming the following:
- You are the author of the thesis
- You retain copyright and intellectual property rights associated with the original research, creative activity, and intellectual or artistic content of the thesis
- You certify compliance with federal copyright law, under Title 17 of the U.S. Code, your right to authorize reproduction and distribution of all copyrighted materials included in this thesis
- With the exception of selected embargo periods of up to two years, you grant Booth Library the nonexclusive, perpetual right to make this thesis free and publicly available without restriction, by means of any current or successive technology, including but not limited to photocopying, printing, microfilm, digitization, or Internet
- You waive the confidentiality provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) with respect to the contents of the thesis and with respect to information concerning authorship of the thesis, including name and status as a student at Eastern Illinois University
Enter Information About Your Thesis
- Title of Your Thesis
- Author Information
- Date of Completion
- Major Advisor
- Embargo Period. Select None, 1 Year, or 2 Years. Embargo prevents your thesis from being published for a temporary period of time, and should only be used in the following cases: Potential publication, grant application, or possible patent application.
- Discipline. Select at least one subject from the discipline list that best fits your thesis research.
- Abstract. This should be a paragraph or two summarizing the content of your thesis. Text is plain text only, you must use html code if you want any of the text bolded or italicized.
Uploading Your Thesis
Check off 'Upload File'
Click the 'Browse' button to locate your thesis on your computer
Check off 'Upload File'
Your thesis should be uploaded as a Word or PDF document. If you have supplementary materials, such as audio or video clips, images, etc., check off box indicating that you would like to add additional files.
Click the 'Submit' button
If you have any questions, please contact the EIU Graduate School at email@example.com.