Call For Proposals
Eastern Illinois University Presents the Sixth Annual
Making Excellence Inclusive Conference
October 7, 2022
The annual RISE conference provides faculty and staff the strategies and tools to support students' academic success.
The conference is also designed to raise awareness of the diverse challenges our students face, whether as members of underrepresented groups, as first-generation college students, as non-traditionally aged students, or as students with disabilities.
We welcome presentations on issues concerning inclusion, diversity, equity, trauma informed methods, social justice, belongingness, the impacts of the pandemic on all aspects of education, the intersectionality of any of the aforementioned, and other topics that pertain to the theme.
We also welcome presentations that engage with Illinois’ new Culturally Responsive Teaching standards.
Sessions will be in-person or virtual (presented synchronously); presentations may be live or pre-recorded with live Q&A/discussion at the end.
Our Fall 2022 conference will be HYBRID. The keynote address and some individual sessions will be offered in a hybrid meeting format..
- Proposals are now being accepted for the sixth annual conference.
- Submit proposals by Friday, May 6, 2022.
- Proposals should include:
- Names/titles/departments/institutional affiliations, contact information for each presenter
- Session/presentation/workshop title
- Preferred delivery (in-person or virtual)
- Preferred session length (50 or 100 minutes with break)
- 125-word abstract
- 300-word description, including target audience, learning objectives/outcomes, relevance to MEI objectives and conference theme
- 125-word bio statement for each presenter
- Proposals will be peer-reviewed and decisions will be made no later than Friday, August 26, 2022.
- We anticipate conference registration opening a few weeks before the conference date.
- Final presentations will be submitted for uploading by Thursday, September 29, 2022.
- Questions? Email them to RISE@eiu.edu.
For more information about the conference visit us at: https://www.eiu.edu/mei/conference.php