Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
This health communication message was posted to Facebook with the following caption:
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, currently 34.9% of adults are obese and 17% of children are obese. Let's lower those rates! Choose the more nutritional foods at a great cost! #hcm4910
Comment posted by author
References: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2015). Adult obesity facts. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2014). Childhood obesity facts. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/childhood.html. Kuo, S. (2015). Your sugar! Yes, please! Won't you come and put it down on me. Retrieved from http://www.youngact.org.nz/your-sugar-yes-please-wont.../.
Which would you choose?
For about $20, you could buy...
- 1 large Pepperoni Feast Pizza from Domino's ($15.99)
- 1 order breadsticks ($3.99)
- 1.25 pounds sweet Italian sausage ($3.82)
- 1 pound of frozen tilapia fillets ($3.98)
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey ($1.98)
- 16-ounce jar of Smucker's natural peanut butter ($2.38)
- 1 box (40 bags) of green tea ($2.58)
- 1 pound bag of lentils (94 cents)
- 1 box of Kashi Heart to Heart crackers ($2.98)
#hmc4910, health communication, food choices